- By designing, distributing and analysing a Questionnaire to answer my own question, I learnt how to gather primary data that was reliable and valid. One thing I found was the choice of language you use as the
researcher can have an influence on the data you receive (leading questions). I
feel I can now effectively lead my own investigation and research into a field
of interest that may not already have sufficient research.
- The Transcription of spoken language has shown me the complexities of conversation and how spoken language differs from the written.
- Whilst words may have the same meaning, they can be ideologically loaded and have different connotations, which affect their use in society. The Corpus Analysis allowed me to investigate why this might be. I also looked at their frequency and the type of sentence they were found and the words they were used with.
- When writing my own Literature Review I found that there can be many different, but equally valued opinions on the same issue, from which I was able to evaluate and use to form my own opinion and a sufficient conclusion. From this I learnt how to summarise and draw appropriate points to form an argument and answer a question effectively.
In conclusion, I feel that Independent Study has in essence taught me to be independent. I feel I am more able to conduct my own research and use existing data alongside my findings.
- The Transcription of spoken language has shown me the complexities of conversation and how spoken language differs from the written.
- Whilst words may have the same meaning, they can be ideologically loaded and have different connotations, which affect their use in society. The Corpus Analysis allowed me to investigate why this might be. I also looked at their frequency and the type of sentence they were found and the words they were used with.
- When writing my own Literature Review I found that there can be many different, but equally valued opinions on the same issue, from which I was able to evaluate and use to form my own opinion and a sufficient conclusion. From this I learnt how to summarise and draw appropriate points to form an argument and answer a question effectively.
In conclusion, I feel that Independent Study has in essence taught me to be independent. I feel I am more able to conduct my own research and use existing data alongside my findings.
No comments:
Post a Comment